PLEASE LEave all messages at the bottom. Thanks!
Hello UESPA. First off, I think the idea of your name being an acronym from the United Earth Space Probe Agency is very clever. Second, I'm interested in creating more articles for SciFi Wikia. Not as many as I used to, but if I think of it, I will create it. -- User:Steed January 16, 2008 19:24
Favorties and ImagesEdit
My favorite sci-fi is Doctor Who. I think it's absolutely great! I also like Dune, the old Star Trek, and The Prisoner. Images are simple. When you create a page, it's the green arrow along the help bar. You can add images to any page by typing "File:Whatever the picture is named.jpg". In some cases, "jpg" will be "JPG" or "pgn" or something like that. You can go to a page with a picture, copy the format there and you'll see. -- User:Steed January 17, 2008 22:50
I got bored, sad to say, and left this wikia with the Cybermen as the featured article. It was suppose to be there one week, then it got to four weeks, and I jsut didn't change it. I'll open up the Featured Article Voting for everyone to pick candidates. Do you know any other users, by the way? -- User:Steed January 18, 2008 16:57
I don't really know. I'm not in charge around here. To be honest I don't think anyone is. As for what's considered as "non-canon", it has to fit in somewhere. The events of the books would have to take place sometime inbetween some episode, shouldn't it? I don't know. I guess you could make things from non-canon, just place it in the category "Non-Canon". So we can have a non-canon category. -- User:Steed January 22 2008 17:21
- I don't know who's in charge. I don't think anyone is. I think there was a point where this wikia was abandoned and could have been adopted by another user. I don't know. This Friday is probably the last day to vote for the featured article, but I think it's just you and me. -- User:Steed Jan 22, 2008 21:00
- I guess we can just do whatever. It doesn't seem like this wikia could be as big as some of the others. How did the pages get fixed?-- User:Steed Jan 23, 20:10
Thank you for turning me into an administrator.-- Steed Feb. 2, 16:29
Hi. I'm Yunzhong Hou. I've launched a brand-new conworld that attempts to use a new set of rights based on the Creative Commons License and 'declares void' the GNU license, so that (supposedly) whatever you submit within that project is safer. There are as of yet no rules regarding now it must develop, so you have the opportunity to give it a sense of direction to begin with as well as incorporate the content from any conworlds you might have already created. I'm trying to get others involved in this project as well. Join, and together we can have a new, better beginning.
Yunzhong Hou 03:11, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
Although Idea hasn't launched yet, we are making a list of all people who might be interested in contributing to the project. If there are at least 5, Central might consider making a site just for us, so if you want to conworld, please add your signature here. Also, we might be assigning development leadership positions to those who express interest. Development leaders will be in charge of everything related to their assigned aspect of conworlding, ie. government, economy, geography, etc.
Also, considering Idea's nascent status, voting discussion is taking place on several critical issues. Please visit this page to voice your opinion on the matters.
For those who are wondering, you don't need to get permission from anyone to join in. It's an all-new project I initiated, and everyone is allowed to participate freely in a democratic environment. Even if you are currently working on another project, I strongly encourage you to sign up because you might find it interesting later on.
Yunzhong Hou 15:14, 10 February 2008 (UTC)
Not here at the momentEdit
Hello. I'm not greatly interested in this wikia anymore. I took care of it longer than anyone else had and made it my own little universe in a sense. You may take "full control" of it since no one else visits much. I may return sometime but I'm on other wikias as well. Good luck with everything. Don't forget your towel, may the force be with you, live long and prosper, and don't forget to put your shields up.
Steed March 2, 2008 20:42
Hey, UESPArules. I'm Greyman, and I work with Wikia as a Janitor—sannse asked me if I could stop by this wiki and see what you need help with? I see on Central Wikia here, that you asked for help with images. Feel free to leave me a message on my talk page here, or on Central, explaining what you need help with, and I'll do my best to get it done for you :) Cheers, Greyman(Talk) 21:12, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
- Hey, there. I uploaded this picture for users who are using older skins, like Monobook. For users who are using the new Quartz and Monaco skins, I uploaded this picture. In both instances, users will now see a custom picture, depending on their skin, instead of the default wikia image :) Feel free to play around with some different images, or take a look at different Wikia wikis, to get an idea of what you'd like for both .png's. Anymore questions, feel free to get in touch with me. Cheers, Greyman(Talk) 01:49, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for the kind welcome. I am happy to be of service. though the contributions i made here are very small, i thank you that i can "get the ball rolling" on some articles. again thanks for the warm welcome and if there is anything i can do just let me know. --Leonhart178 00:39, 22 March 2008 (UTC)Leonhart178
Strange Things Edit
Well, I uploaded the symbols for the Cardassian Union and United Federation of Planets, and the pictures are on the article, but the changes didn't show up in recent changes or the page histories. Also, the descriptions I typed for the images didn't show up. And lastly, I keep getting the bar near the top of the screen saying I have new messages, but I saw your message about the symbols several times already. Do you have any ideas about what's going on here? --JemHadar359 06:17, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Never mind. Things are back to normal now. You can delete this section if you want... --JemHadar359 16:20, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Hey, your wiki is pretty cool, I've made some contributions myself, mind checking out my wiki? [http://www.ssfree.net.tc/] [http://ssfree.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page SS Free wiki]. Thanks.--Xgmx 02:57, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah I'll take a look.--Long Live the United Earth 21:16, 7 April 2008 (UTC)
please read my contribution Edit
Here, I made a few suggestions.
it comes from my head Edit
You asked where the articles come from, it comes from my head, I just write what I think in this wiki. Why? Can I continue? It sucks? It's good?
--Jonano 22:24, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
did you delete my text? Edit
did you delete my texts? can you give me the time to copy the text so that I can put it somewhere, I dont want to lost my creations.
Jonano 23:10, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
manticore's block Edit
rank images Edit
I don't really have good images of the insignia, except what you could get from another wiki (like this... [http://images.wikia.com/startrek/images/f/f5/Red_Capt_2373.png]). So... what do you think? --JemHadar359 04:24, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
Complaint teeeeeeeeeeeeeeesting--Long Live the United Earth 03:57, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
Saw the moves and I definitely appreciate it! Sorry I was late to thank you...working Saturdays = damn long shift. I'd say with the Cardassian articles, I'd definitely make use of what's on MB, but not a direct rip. Given that, it would take me a long time to bring it up to an acceptable level of detail, especially considering that I'm involved at MB, non-Trek sites, fanfic (as yet unreleased), an original novel (fantasy, not sci-fi) aaaaand a full-time job. BUT...I will try to give it a whirl. Assigning Cardassians to their proper categories, though...THAT wouldn't be too hard for me to do quickly as I know right off where most of them belong. ;-) Nerys Ghemor 06:22, 3 August 2008 (UTC)
Wikia message (for reference)Edit
The morning of Wednesday, September 10th (UTC), our tech team rolled out MediaWiki 1.13.1 to all of Wikia. This is the latest stable release of the MediaWiki software which runs Wikia, and it contains a number of enhancements and bug fixes. You can read more about this upgrade here. While we don't anticipate any major problems, some issues may appear. Please report any odd behavior on this forum page.
This message is only being sent to wiki admins, so please pass this information along to other members of your communities as needed.
Thanks, The Wikia Community Team
Hi. I am new to this wikia and I plan to collaborate. Nevertheless, I have noticed that there are no science fiction authors like Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke articles here. Is this wikia only focused on writings and not their authors? I would like to add Isaac Asimov article but I am not sure if this fits on the wikia.
Also, I thought I would find book reviews about The End of Eternity, Foundation series, Ringworld, etc. Maybe the purpose of this wikia is very different to what I had in mind. See, I thought that in a science fiction wikia you would find lots of book reviews, author biographies, etc. I only found characters of books and places.
Explain me what this wikia is all about, I am lost and if biography and reviews articles are pertinent, for me to start collaborating.
David 16:02, 26 September 2008 (UTC)
So...we meet againEdit
Hello UESPArules, this is Steed. I have been active here lately and I have decided to come back. I've somehow found new intrest in this wiki and will do what I can to include aspects from all kinds of things that have anything to do with science fiction. I see that the site is still in existence and that you seem to have good control and that you seem to have a lot of support. Wonderful! I hope to hear from you. -- User:Steed 21:11, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- I'm sorry you lost intrest. The wiki must induce lost of intrest. I thought you had a few people to help you. When were you by yourself? Also, is there anything that happened or that you were working on? -- Steed 23:24, 27 Movember 2008 (UTC)
- Well, thank you for making me a burecrat and I will do my best to keep up with the wiki and keep things in line. Live long and prosper. -- Steed 08:24, 28 November 2008 (UTC)
I wanted to let you know about Wikia's Alliances program. It's a fun new initiative that lets wikis choose to be part of three alliances: SciFi Galaxy, Heroes United, and Fantasy Fellowship. The details can be found here and you can sign up here! We would love it if Sci-Fi Wiki would participate!
Kate 19:04, January 31, 2013 (UTC)
Hello! I had a quick question, could I add information about actors and actresses? And since I'm planning on being active, when would I able to be promoted? :) I hope you like what I've done so far :)
- It looks like you are doing some pretty good work. Yes, information on actors and actresses is definitely something that could be added on this wiki, especially with so many actors appearing in multiple science fiction series. When you do add these actors though, make sure you emphasize their science fiction appearances, though mentioning other appearances is not a bad thing. As for getting promoted, as long as you keep up the good work for a while (a week or two depending on how much you do), I would have no problem making you an admin.
- Also, I'm honestly not all that active on here (I was the lone contributor for a good while and that wore me out), but if you have any questions, leave a me a message and I will do my best to help you out.
- Thanks for contributing!Long Live the United Earth (talk) 02:20, April 30, 2013 (UTC)
Hey! How r u? How am I doing so far? Am I doing good?
Hia, I've just stumbled upon this wiki and I've been making edits on a few things. I love Sci Fi and I was so happy to see the wiki here already so big and well developed! I've done a little work on the Main Page (mainly fixing some things I think the previous editor broke) and I've been revamping the Categories to hopefully make things easier to find and a little better orgainised, I hope that's okay? I was wondering about whether it might be helpful to have a little navigation section on the main page to link to the larger categories (perhaps to Films, Novels, TV series, Actors, Technology, Writers, etc?) and I thought I'd better check with you first. Also, if there's any section or subject you were think needs specific attention or work doing on it let me know, I'd love to help! bloob (talk) 13:54, May 18, 2013 (UTC)
- To be completely honest, I've pretty well lost interest in this wiki, I simply hold onto my admin status because there hasn't been someone to come along and take it over. With that said, your edits to the main page and categories have definitely helpful and I think your idea for the main page is a solid. As for specific areas, no area on this wiki is truly well developed, so anything that you might hold an interest in is something you can work on.
- You've been doing good work and I hope to see you keep it up! I am pretty in active on here, but if you need any help with admin tasks, feel free to leave a message and I will get back to you. Thanks!Long Live the United Earth (talk) 15:12, May 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Hi again, just wanted to quickly point out comments by this person: http://scifi.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/22.214.171.124
- I wouldn't normally bother reporting comments, but this is abusive and homophobic, so I thought it could maybe do to be deleted. Thanks! bloob (talk) 08:32, May 19, 2013 (UTC)
Sorry to bother you again so soon, but I wanted to point out a few pages made by this user: http://scifi.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199
The pages in question are these: Independence Day, The Fifth Element, Predator vs Aliens, Preadror vs Alien, Planet of the Apes, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and Predators. Now I'm definitely in favour of the existence of stub pages (they encourage people to add more content and help a wiki grow) but I don't really consider blank pages with no information at all to be Stubs - this is just spam. A stub should at least have a couple of sentences saying what the page is about and preferably an image too. It's be better to have red links than pages with no information at all - that just makes the wiki look bad and frustrates people hoping to click on the link and see something. Your view may differ of course, but I just wanted to point these pages out. Oh, and if you need any help with admin duties any time, I'd be happy to help. I'm one of the admins at w:c:bakerstreet so I've got experience with it. Thanks! bloob (talk) 20:16, May 20, 2013 (UTC)
There's now also, War of the Worlds, District 9, Jedi Master, Jedi Knight, Total Recall, RoboCop, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, - just in case you wanted to delete them. bloob (talk) 20:46, May 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up, it looks like everything had now been taken care of and I have blocked him so he shouldn't be trouble.--Long Live the United Earth (talk) 20:00, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, you had deleted my Revenge of Robin Hood page from The Time Tunnel episodes due to it being "copied content". As I had stated in the summary, I had gotten the page from the Irwin Allen wiki, giving it credit right then and there, since, as long as there is a link to the original page, by wiki standards, that makes copying legal.
Now, if you want me to start inserting the "This article uses material from the ________ (original article) ____ Wikia (originating wiki) article and is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License.", then perhaps that should be SAID so somewhere on this site, and I can start doing that from now on and/or go back and add that to the others I've already done. I have seen this done before on other wikis and they didn't have a problem with it (especially since it wasn't my idea in the first place; I've seen them complain about using the above, which they removed!).
If for some reason this wiki doesn't allow copying at ALL, then for some reason there has been no problem with all the past articles I've done on here until now, which this ALSO should be stated somewhere on this wiki before anyone wastes time bringing articles over.
- Well, I have always taken Project:Acceptability Policies#Wikipedia information to imply a broader mandate to make all articles on this wiki unique to this wiki. The line about "trying to start something unique" to me implies the founders' goal was no copying in general. It's also my own personal belief that a wiki's content should be unique to said wiki, otherwise we shouldn't have so many of them. Perhaps this is something that should either be spelled out better or even discussed by the community of this wiki (such that it is). If you wish to start such a discussion in the forum area, we can do so. --Long Live the United Earth (talk) 20:08, May 21, 2013 (UTC)
Collaborative Writing ProjectEdit
The starship battle did very well, so we're going to host a collaborative writing project based on the results of the battle on the Sci-fi wiki! This will run on a page off of the wiki, and we'll be asking users to come write a collaborative story about what happened during the starship battle. It'll run for a few weeks before we close it up, and we'll be sure to send a link over as soon as it's live.
Thanks again for everything!
Hello again! Just noticed some vandalism by this user: Special:Contributions/188.8.131.52 Well, it's either vandalism, or they're very confused about what wiki they're on! xD bloob (talk) 09:56, May 25, 2013 (UTC)
I've updated the MediaWiki:Community-corner with links to the two discussions going on, hope you don't mind. I thought it might help attract people to the discussion. --bloob (talk) 21:14, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
I don't think coping some things from Wikipedia is bad, because it would be hard using a real world point of view. It would just make it harder to edit and turn some people off. That's just my thought :)
Thanks for your time!
BTW, how come we don't have a chat or badges here?
im makeing somthing awsome i going in to make a forum post tell all si-fi fans you can find and come to the entertainment wikki at 10:00 tonight
Edits by Mhadick Edit
I would like to come to you with a complaint. I contributed a fairly large amount to the Collaborative Writing Project that just took place, and I was greatly offended and insulted when Mhadick chose to cut out significant portions of most of the edits on there because he said that they were unncessary. I posted a message on the Talk page for the Project, and on his personal Talk Page after he didn't respond, with a complain and a request that he revert the deletions he had made. As of yet, he has still chosen not to respond to my messages, and an admin is really the last person I can turn to. All I ask is that you read my message on the Project's Talk Page, and please consider my frustration at what he has done. Thank you very much. Master Tej (talk) 07:19, June 17, 2013 (UTC)
- I'd like to be able to help you, however, the writing project was Mhadick's baby as he is a member of Wikia's team and was never really under the control of the admins of this wiki. As it was his project, I cannot really do anything to help you and I do apologize for that.--Long Live the United Earth (talk) 10:42, June 17, 2013 (UTC)