Terror of the Autons is an episode of the Third Doctor in the British television series Doctor Who. The Autons return in this episode in another attempt to invade Earth. This episode also introduces Jo Grant as the Doctor's new companion, Captain Mike Yates of UNIT, and the renegade Time Lord, the Master.
At a circus, a large man lights a cigar as he hears a strange sound(similar to that of the TARDIS). A second later, a horsebox appears. He goes to open the door but it' stuck. He goes around as a tall man in black steps out of the door and looks over the horsebox. He turns as the man calls to him and asks who he is. The tall man says he is referred to as The Master, universally. The large man says he is Rossini, internationally, and that he doesn't need conjurors. The Master says that he needs Rossini and as Rossini almost strikes him, he hipnotises him. In a museaum, The Master breaks into a glass case holding a purple sphere. As as attendant tries to stop him, Rossini knocks the man out.
- The Third Doctor - Jon Pertwee
- Jo Grant - Katy Manning
- Captain Mike Yates - Richard Franklin
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart - Nicholas Courtney
- Sergeant Benton - John Levene
- The Master - Roger Delgado
- Time Lord - David Garth
- Rex Farrel - Michael Wisher
- Farrel Senior - Stephen Jack
- Mrs. Farrel - Barbara Leake
- McDermott - Harry Towb
- Brownrose - Dermot Tuohy
- Rossini - John Baskcomb
- Tony - Roy Stewart
- Auton Leader - Pat Gorman
- Auton Policeman - Terry Walsh
- Auton voice - Haydn Jones
- The Master will return to fight the Doctor in The Mind of Evil.
- The Master: The people I represent, Mr. Farrel, can never have too much plastic.