Genesis of the Daleks is an episode of the Fourth Doctor. It was written by Terry Nation.
- The Doctor -
- Sarah Jane Smith -
- Harry Sullivan -
- Davros -
- Nyder -
- General Raven -
- Ronson -
- Time Lord -
Location(s) of the episode Edit
- Davros: We will avenge the annihilation of our people with a retaliation so massive, so merciless, that it will live in history. Let the vengeance begin with the death of the arch-traitor, the Thal spy: RONSON!
- Ronson:NO! DAVROS!
- Davros: EXTERMINATE!!! EXTERMINATE!!!
- Ronson:NO! NO!
(Ronson is exterminated.)
- Davros: Today, the Kaled race has ended, consumed in a fire of war, but, from its ashes will rise a new race. The supreme creature. The ultimate procreator of the universe: THE DALEKS! The action you take today is the beginning of a journey that will take the Daleks to their destiny of universal and absolute supremacy. You have been conditioned and programmed to complete a task. You will now carry out that program.
- Dalek: We obey.
- Davros: Evil? No. No, I will not except that. They are conditioned simply to survive. They can survive only by becoming the dominate species. When all other life forms are suppressed, when the Daleks are the supreme rulers of the universe, then...you will have peace. Wars will end. They are the power not of evil, but of good.
- Doctor: Davros, if you had created a virus in your laboratory, something contagious and infectious, that killed on contact, a virus that would destroy all other forms of life, would you allow its use?
- Davros: It is an interesting conjecture.
- Doctor: Would you do it?
- Davros: The only living thing, a microscopic organism, reigning supreme. A fascinating idea.
- Doctor: But would you do it?
- Davros: Yes. Yes. To hold in my hand a capsule that contained such power. To know that life and death on such a scale was my choice. To now that the tiny pressure of my thumb enough to break the glass, would end everything. Yes. I would do it. That power would set me up above the gods. And through the Daleks, I shall have that power!
- Dalek: All inferior creatures are to be considered the enemy of the Daleks and destroyed.
- Davros: No wait! Those men are scientists. They can help you. Let them live. Have pity.
- Dalek: Pity? I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. Exterminate!
(All scientists but Davros are exterminated.)